Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday March 1

Happy March! You know what that means - just two and a half short months until the Reading SOL! Now's the perfect time to dedicate some of that time we all spend goofing off on the internet to SOL review! I really like this site because it breaks everything down by skill. BONUS: I often take class activities from this site, so you'll be ahead of the game if we ever get to one of these in class! :)

Today we reviewed Fact vs. Opinion - I say "reviewed" because this isn't a NEW skill for anyone. Most of you could tell me what a fact was, but remember that some of you got tripped up when I gave you an example of a statement that was totally false and you assumed it was an opinion. If I say the sky is green that's something that can be proven TRUE or FALSE - so it's a fact (a false one), but a fact all the same.

Homework: tonight you need to make sure to read (just like EVERY night) and get 2 highlighters together for tomorrow's Do Now (Fact/Opinion Review) activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment